Electronic Water Softeners.

You mean that you never bought a National Lottery ticket ?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Only a thunderball. The odds are far less to win 100K.

Reply to
IMM

I could?

To all those brothers?

Reply to
IMM

So you are gullible.

The Lottery is simply taxation for the gullible :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

message

No, a tax on the daft. I don't buy them, as Premium Bonds are a better bet and you get your stake back if you want, at any time.

Reply to
IMM

It's more a kind of ssshhhhmmmweeep sound, isn't it; like treading on a cat?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Ah, now you're trying flights of fancy. I mean, flashing lights and buttons to push, yes, at least you think *something* might be happening, but why would it make a sound like treading on a cat if it's getting rid of limescale build-up???..........

Reply to
Wanderer

Do you mean you don't know why?

Reply to
IMM

Well now I am left with just 2 options.

1/ buy a £40 water softener/descaler from Screwfix and see how it goes. The more flashing lights and buttons to push the better.

2/ Spend the money on beer.

I'm very tempted to go for 2/ and then I won't care about the state of the limescale in the shower (until the following morning afrer 1/)

Reply to
Zapp Brannigan

Do you use this in series with your scale inhibitor?

Reply to
Wanderer

Rent the beer. You never actually buy it.... :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Spoken like a true scotsman ;)

Alternatively, buy the cans and pour them down the sink. Misses out the middleman and is a known hangover prevention.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

But no explanation on just how it dissolves existing scale, given that the device could have no impact on a storage tank perhaps 20 ft or more from it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

So the electronic one isn't satisfactory on its own. Figures.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

But Dave, where's your faith? It has a microprocessor so it must be good.