Electricty Report

Anybody had any experiences/advice with this report.
As condition of mortgage the lenders for the people buying my property need it?
Hello All,
Has anybody got any advise as to what electricians look for with regards to a electricity report. The people buying my property have been asked by the lenders to get one?
snipped-for-privacy@boltblue.com (Mal) wrote in message

When buying our house, ours tested the resistance to earth and something else, and said everything was fine and dandy. Apparently he did some other things as well (inspecting the wiring in the back of sockets and switches I think), according to the then owner. The certificate we have looks like one from the on-site (IEE wiring regs) guide, but I forget which one.
He seemed unconcerned by the 6-way fuse box, with two circuits on some fuses (three on one of them!), 2 socket spurs, lack of RCD anywhere (even the socket by the door in the garage), completely inadequate provision of sockets throughout, lack of earth bonding in the bathroom and electric shower room etc.
He also knew nothing of the floorboard nail through the neutral wire on the 45A cooker circuit, which shorts to the radiator pipe when you walk on the floorboard. I can't think of a way he could have known about this without ripping all the floor boards up, or jumping up and down on this one floorboard as he tested the circuits - but it's a lesson on not taking the electrical survey as proof that all is well!
So, anyway, if you're lucky(!), yours will be the same, and you should have no problems selling.
Let us know how you get on.
Cheers, David.
| Hello All, | | Has anybody got any advise as to what electricians look for with | regards to a electricity report. The people buying my property have | been asked by the lenders to get one?
Hi
See the NICEIC website where there's a specimen report...
http://www.niceic.org.uk/downloads/DOMPIR.pdf

Ask your supplier to do a test on the installation and make written report of their findings.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

We had an electrical inspection recently - all the guy was really checking for were the type of fuses - MCBs now recommended instead of the old wire type - and electrical fittings such as sockets etc.. As long as they are safe they should be ok even though they may be old. Size of ring main cable, cooker cable is also checked.
Unless your house was wired pre-1960-ish the actual cable should be ok.
Earl