Electrics - double pole mains c/o switch

I'm trying to find a mains double pole 15A change-over switch with an OFF position too - but no luck so far. Can get contactors to do it but want a manual c/o switch.

The only idea (yet to get checked) is to use the two-position switch that *some* showers have. (Not sure it they are 15 A *and* DP though). Anyone know if they are - before I buy one to find out :-) thanks

Reply to
dave

Try a surplus type store. I bought one (in brown bakelite) about 25 years ago for use in a caravan.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

You can buy a toggle type from Real Shit Components, you'll need a mortgage though -

brass monkey

Rapid, RS or Farnell do such things under the general switches section.

Does this need to meet isolation standards (minumum contact gap)?

Reply to
Tim Watts

times cheaper here -

brass monkey

No - there's a separate DP isolator.

Reply to
michael 'media phrase man'

>~20 times cheaper here -

Reply to
dave

water proof(ish), but only rated for 6000 operations.

Reply to
dennis

Look for 'cam' switches, they're pretty standard for this sort of requirement, CPC/Farnell certainly have them. They're available in normal two-way and in three position centre off format.

Reply to
tinnews

Beware - the product attributes show it as 15A but the description states 250V@10A

John

Reply to
JohnW

Beware - the product attributes show it as 15A but the description states 250V@10A

Hmmmm -

brass monkey

Here's a Farnell one:-

'm pretty sure Rapid do them as well, not to mention CPC and RS.

Reply to
tinnews