Electrical wiring query.

Hi, As in header - - I am currently in the process of tidying up some wiring and plugs in my garage. I am replacing an old metal 4 plug socket block and want to fit two new 2 plug metal boxes like these or the cheaper version from screwfix:

?productId=49437&imageNo=null&ts=47795I have a 25mm conduit coming down the wall to the place I am fitting the boxes and i would appreciate it if somebody could advise what bits I need to connect the 2 boxes together with and also to the 25mm conduit. I have looked over the screwfix site and just get a bit confused with the parts I need - -I was thinking of the galvanised coupler or some sutch? Thanks. ps. Hope the link works. Stuart.

Reply to
srt

srt wibbled on Friday 18 June 2010 09:06

?productId=49437&imageNo=null&ts=47795>

Hi,

Those boxes take 20mm, so you will need:

Male *or* female conduit adaptor (I prefer the female) per knockout used:

reducer:

(first are good, 2nd is more ubiquitous)

some 20mm conduit between boxes.

HTH

Reply to
Tim Watts

?productId=49437&imageNo=null&ts=47795>>>> I have a 25mm conduit coming down the wall to the place I am fitting the

Many thanks for your speedy reply. Great help, Cheers. Stuart.

Reply to
srt

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 09:06:24 +0100 someone who may be "srt" wrote this:-

Presumably it is made of plastic?

Reply to
David Hansen

yes it is - -forgot mention that - -I was just thinking metal conduit between boxes but i see its prly not that important.

Reply to
srt

srt wibbled on Friday 18 June 2010 10:04

?productId=49437&imageNo=null&ts=47795>>>>>> I have a 25mm conduit coming down the wall to the place I am fitting the

Oh - and although you can do without it for a dry install, I prefer to solvent weld the joints.

Reply to
Tim Watts

?productId=49437&imageNo=null&ts=47795> I have a 25mm conduit coming down the wall to the place I am fitting the

Do you know how old the conduit is? Because it's unusual these days in a domestic setting - plastic being more common. And old conduit could be imperial rather than metric.

To join the two boxes you want a coupler and male brass bushes - usually

20 mm. This page shows them:-

Note you still need to run an ECC to both sockets - the conduit should just be regarded as protection against damage.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) writes

Coupler here: