Electrical socket question

In my kitchen I have a single socket next to a switch for the dishwasher socket. There are no other sockets nearby, and I am fed up with having to unplug the microwave to plug in the toaster and so on.
I could move the toaster, but it fits in so well where it is and is far away from the gluten-free toaster (I have 2 Coeliac daughters) to avoid cross-contamination.
Is it acceptable to remove the switch, replace it with a socket and simply wire the dishwasher socket as a spur? I know I could probably cut the hole a bit bigger and fit a double socket, but that would disturb the tiling, take time, probably never get finished, upset SWMBO, etc.
Alternatively, is there such a thing as a double socket with a switch outlet, as that would solve the problem nicely?
-- Colin Swan

I believe it is acceptable, provided it is possible to reach the dishwasher socket itself to unplug it.
A means of isolation for maintenance is required for the appliance. An unswitched socket is OK for this, provided you can reach the socket to unplug it, of course. Obviously, you lose the ability to switch the appliance easily. However, check that the cable to the socket is at least 2.5mm. Otherwise, you'll need to do some calculations to prove it is safe to remove the FCU, as you will no longer have a 13A fuse protecting the cable.
Christian.
Colin, How about this from screwfix ? It converts a single box to a double, fitting onto the mounting of the single patress box. So would give you the double socket option, without doing anythign other than replacing the switch face with this. ( providing the existing wiring is up to the job of course)
www.screwfix.com Product id : D12849
HTH, Jon
"Colin Swan" <colin AT nildram DOT net> wrote in message

"Colin Swan" <colin AT nildram DOT net> wrote in message

If the remote socket for the dishwasher is unswitched, then you'll have to replace it with a switched model to be able to isolate the dishwasher when repairs/servicing are being carried on it. But I know of nothing, other than that point, to say you can't use the switch circuit as another socket outlet and leaving the remote socket as a single spur off.