electrical cable tails 25mm/16mm

I see some of the "tails sets" advertised for connecting up to elec. meters are 25mm/16mm. Which is which - is the earth conductor the

16mm? (I don't have one of these cable sets (obviously) - just interested to know)
Reply to
dave

Yes, 25 mm^2 for the line and neutral meter tails and 16 mm^2 for the earthing conductor.

Reply to
Andy Wade

The rule of thumb for standard circuit installations with no unexpected issues is that the earth conductor is no smaller than the next size down from the current conductors (live+neutral).

JGH

Reply to
jgharston