electric sliding driveway gate(s)

Yes done one 5 metre one, opens and closes about 700 times a week.

AJH

Reply to
news

What make of mechanism etc did you use? &where from?

Any issues with it?

Ta Jim K

Reply to
JimK

FAAC motor/controller running on 3 phase, I got it ex demo for £900 cw rails, rack and rollers, our fitter overbuilt the gate with rectangular hollow section and a local chippy made the gate woodwork, this is the only serious problem as the softwood and ply is producing shitake. I'd have been better using painted galvanised steel section from Garador.

Plenty of issues over the years, one being the rail has become slightly banana shaped for some reason. One motor burned out after the rectifier for the integral brake on the motor failed and the rewind was about 300 quid (overnight surcharge). I have to replace one sealed guide roller every 6 months and the rack has become very warn but considering the duty cycle I'm very happy. The gate weighs over 500kg. It is not in a public area so I just have photocells for sensing obstructions, I would have also fitted contact strips if I had realised how busy it would get, I have reduced the torque on the clutch to mitigate crushing if the sensors miss something.

AJH

Reply to
news