electric shower recommendation

Could anybody please advise on which brand of electric shower they recommend.

I am thinking of getting

  1. Mira sprint (9.5kw)
  2. Triton T80si (8.5kw)

Which of the above should I go for?

Many Thanks in advance

krish

Reply to
pkrishan

In general the higher the power the stronger the flow for the same heat output but higher power often will mean you need higher rated cabling. I've had a couple of tritons and they've both broken.

Reply to
adder1969

NO less than 13KW you'll been glad of the extra watts in the winter. Also don't forget you will a supply directly from your fuse box.

Reply to
zaax

I have found Triton OK, previously Redring OK. Mira always seem pricey to me. As for output the best you can achieve taking account of your cabling and protection arrangemnets. Don't agree with the 13kW suggestion which is very difficult to deliver domestically. Not for nothing are the available ranges sized as they are. Work it out.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

Agreed, 13kW is 56A. Normal maximum size MCB is 50A... I think you'd be into 16mm^2 cable for that as well. 9.5kW needs 10mm^2 and a 40A MCB.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've always had Triton and found them to be as good, if not better, than any other, so I'd go for the Triton T80xr 9.5kW - if your cabling will handle

9.5kW.

JellyBelly

Reply to
JellyBelly