Electric shower Galxy GS8000S - have to turn temperature control up to hot, hot

Hi,

I have searched through the uk.d-i-y group as I think the problem I am seeing is fairly routine - however, I couldn't find this problem described.

Over the past few weeks a Galaxy GS8000S electric "power" shower has become "less able" to produce a controlled flow of hot water. That is, we now have to swich the dial to "two red bars" and the temperature dial to quite near its maximum. Below this setting the water is cold, above this setting the water is scalding hot. It takes a fair amount of adjusting to get the temperature setting right for a warm shower. However, this optimum position "drifts" so with the next shower one is back to fiddling.

I think the Galaxy GS8000S is supplied off cold water - not sure whether from the loft tank or mains - and I think it is a combined heater and pump. I may be wrong in that as I can't find out much about this unit.

Does the shower just need a clean inside or is there a particular component that is likely to be faulty and worth changing?

At =A390 retail, I'm feeling this unit may not be worth getting someone in to tinker and fail to repair - what a waste.

Thanks

Clive

Reply to
Clive

[...]

At £90 retail, I'm feeling this unit may not be worth getting someone in to tinker and fail to repair - what a waste.

Thanks

Clive

get a decent quality shower, with a pump and a dedicated feed from the tank in the loft, you will never regret it. My triton t200re was top range when I bought it 20 plus years ago (250 quid which was a mortgage payment at the time), two very minor repairs since that time and it is still perfect, absolutely stable temperature, even if you flush the loo or it gets cold outside. Thanks to a water softener it has never furred up or needed the shower head cleaning either.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful