Electric shavers - feedback

'Dave' bought a Panasonic electric shaver after a brief discussion on here at the beginning of August. As my present shaver looks to be on the verge of packing in I wondered what the verdict was on the Panasonic...

google Mr steel beard.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Haven't a clue personally, I was bought the BRAUN 5612 some time ago which was great when first used. But, how often to change the foils? And all that cleaning! And you still get a pinch and pull now and then which really puts you in a foul mood first thing.

I'm currently using Gillette Mach3 wet shavers which are fantastic... the ultrasonic vibrations really work well and each shave is a pleasure and the results: SaaBB! But the cost of the blades are horrendous although they do last for about 5-8 shaves each.

On the Panasonic, here's some Google hits...

results

deano.

Reply to
deano

Thanks, but I was hoping for a response from Dave.

I get about 24 out of mine, if its not removing skin and drawing blood there's still life in it.

Reply to
visionset

A bit of blood? Nowt wrong with a bit of blood!

Never, ever found an electric shaver that I was happy with, OTOH.

Reply to
Rob Hamadi

Forget about that Panasonic. Get a Philishave Speed-XL.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

well, since Dave hasnt joined in...

The Panasonic linears are the closest cleanest shave of all, but very aggressive.

Philishaves are close cut but irritate many skins and cause ingrowing hairs

Braun syncros are a gentle non-irritating shave, though not as close as the other 2 and not very good on neck hairs. Overpriced too.

Remington imitation philishaves are somewhat like Philiips shavers of the 70s, dont cut as close, catch on some hairs, are a pain to clean, and are generally not as good as philips.

And the cheap linear foil ones are just not as effective as the above types.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I am like Mr Steel Beard, my beard is like steel wool... it's not the blood... they just don't cut the hair after 8 shaves! This is particularly true when I've been out on the piss the night before... for some reason, my beard grows even thicker/more coarse! Either that or I'm getting so rat-arsed that I miss a day sleeping ;-)

d.

Reply to
deano

I agree. I had an electric for a while. It was always manky, despite spending hours cleaning the thing. It pulled at the hair, so that occassionally you would be in intense pain. The blades went blunt pretty quick. The replacement blades cost an absolute fortune. These things cost loads to run (both time and money) compared with a blade razor.

Try the new Fusion Power. It is like the M3Power, but better.

I was very sceptical about the "power" Gilette razors, but had to buy one once, as it was all that was left. I'll never go back. I find I get a lot more than 5-8 shaves from each blade. They last at least a month for me.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

IME, the Remington triple foil shavers are the only electric shavers that work properly. I've tried rotary shavers - none cut as close. Panasonic foil shavers - rubbish. Mr Steel Beard ? I find that razors do not cut my beard. Even with super-tech shaving gel type conconctions, nothing softens the hairs. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Maybe someone else is using my expensive M3 blades! I'll have to speak to the missus and see if she's been using them for her nether regions!!! (maybe that's 'never' regions, as I 'never' seem to get there... :)

d.

Reply to
deano