Electric Planer

It's a mistake you only make once though, isn't it (BTDTGTTS but am still breathing...)

David

Reply to
Lobster

love the way it's been priced in that advertisement as:

£54.63 (£11.04 / kg)

I'll have one and a quarter kilos of KW712KA please, and trim the fat off while you're at it.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

It was really the tops and bottoms of doors which I had in mind.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Not sure who you're replying to harry but.

They have their uses and the 'pressure' works the same for both the power and hand tool as far as planing goes.

Yep I agree, but I would have expected that a hand power planer "straight out of the box" would have been set up correctly. As an old pro, used to such things, it was a fault easy enough for me to detect and rectify before too much damage was done - but I wouldn't expect an inexperienced DiYer to have spotted the problem, or even know how to rectify it.

Agree, but this was for a one-off job, rather than run the stuff over and under using a rather large static planer damaging cutters that cost a bloody fortune (far more than the 'toy' planer).

No need, its long gone to the great scrappie's yard in the sky! :-)

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Agreed, and I've use some rather natty pro machines in my time - but it was for a job that I would rather not let near the good tools.

I prefer to use a TCT circular saw for that and then clean-up with a Stanley smoothing plane.

Panel saw down the tongues and grooves, a quick rub over with a smoothing plane on the cut edges and couple of passes to 'knock' the arrisses off and a quick shufti with an orbital sander to get the round edges. Or you could use a router to speed things up.

You're spoiling them, a few splinters in the bum never did anybody any harm. ;-)

Cash

Reply to
Cash

'them' is a rather 'ample' 64 year old nurse...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Had a Bosch PHO 16-82 for years, and it's been fine. Have noticed recently the blades are harder to find - don't know if the model is still available.

Have bought two more of them as presents over that period too.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel