Electric Oven has melted ready meal container melted on?

Hi all, I have a 9 month old "Leisure" double electric oven. I was using the top smaller oven and thought the only element was at the top, and put a ready meal plastic tray on the bottom of the oven thinking it would be cooler than being on the metal rack in the middle of the oven. Result was it stuck to the bottom, I have tried scrapping it while it is hot but it does not shift it very well. Has anyone any advice please? Would oven cleaning spray touch it? Mick.

Reply to
Mick.

I cracked three plates like this over Christmas. I knew there was heating at both bottom and top but didn't realise just how direct it was.

Plastic carbonises over time at temperatures above 200 degs C. So I'd open the windows and put the oven on full chat for a time and see if it burns off. It is the technique "self cleaning" ovens use.

Reply to
Fredxx