Electric oven "flex"

I'm about to fit a double oven, the instructions say to use H05VV-F (presumably they missed off -3G-006 at the end) but this isn't a high temperature cable from what I can see. What's the code for a high temp flex?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

If it doesn't come with a fitted 13 amp plug and flex, it's usual to just run the 6mm TW&E into it. The oven should be well insulated to prevent the casing getting too hot to touch and the same would apply to the connection panel. Internal wiring will be high temperature, though.

However, TLC do 2.5mm Butyl 3183TQ by the metre which is rated at 24 amps.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's 5.1kW so 2.5mm is a bit too small, if I can't find anything else I'll just use the 6mm T&E.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:17:37 +0000 (UTC),it is alleged that Dave spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

[snip]

(TLC) Bottom of the page, they also do 4.0mm butyl, rated at 35 amps:-)

HTH

Reply to
Chip

Eh? Even taking 230 volts as the figure, 5.1 kW is only 22.2 amps. And a double oven is unlikely to draw this peak figure for long.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Fantastic! That'll do the job nicely. Thanks.

Dave

Reply to
Dave