Electric or thermostatic shower?

Now that would give a decent shower. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Give the cost of a combi or combis to give 34 litres per minute at a constant 60C under *all* conditions - if you actually have 4.75 bar mains pressure, which is very unlikely. And the cost of upgrading the gas and water mains to make this possible.

Since you're now into bar room betting, it would be interesting to find out what you actually know.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

At a cost and that is a cheapo. Look at the proper pumps.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Not £300 but £238.85 including VAT and that includes the flexi's and all fittings to adapt to 28mm and 22mm copper. The isolation platform (included) with fluid filled dampers means vibration is not transmitted to the structure of the house nor because of the decoupled arrangement of the inlet and outlet ports does it travel down the pipework. It's also made in Japan, comes with a 10 year guarantee, and also features a quite amazing gland arrangement that cannot leak and it can quite easily run four power shower heads simultaneously. If you really need an ultra quiet version there is a 22 litre per minute model at 3.9 bar that is 31.4 dbA and that is just 160 quid trade.

Reply to
Matt

Make and model & web site.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I'm afraid that there is a lot of hypocrisy about. Organisations like the CPRE (whose survey this is) represent many people who live in a nice place, like it and think that no-one else should live there. Those who need a new house but can't afford one are bottom of their list of concerns. The green belt should be a moveable boundary.

Rod Bull, Birmingham, UK

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

If I wanted to know about these things, I would ask anybody else.

Your suggestion that the view of people who happen to disagree with you is not worth counting because you think that they are victims of some imagined propaganda is the typical justification of a dictator.

On your argument, I could suggest that Michael Howard be in 10 Downing St. because the people that voted for the present incumbent were in some way the victims of propaganda.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You have got it wrong again. I know more than them so go to the knowledgeable people. Boy!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel
[37 lines snipped]

Likely not the *best* metaphor you could have chosen...

Reply to
Huge

No, true, which is why I said "could". Both this idea and that of ignoring people's views are equally ridiculous - actually thinking about it, the present incumbent of No10 should be included as well.

Reply to
Andy Hall

A view by someone devoid of all the facts is not worth a light. It doesn't take much brains to figure that out.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

As you demonstrate multiple times daily......

Reply to
Andy Hall

I do. I bring these to your Little Middle England attention.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Why would I? I get a superb shower from a storage hot water system fed from a header tank something like 5 metres above the shower, using carefully made pipe runs in 22mm. Easily achieved in many houses.

Not everyone lives in a one bedroom council flat and wants a dribble for a shower.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You don't, stop telling lies.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Low cost but not "a cheapo" They are better built than pumps costing

500 quid from other manufacturers.
Reply to
Matt

Stop making things up. No link either.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I stopped at Old Trafford Cricket Club last week, one of the blokes I work with recommended it. A really good place to stop, if you are forced to stay in Manchester because the rooms have terraces opening onto the cricket pitch and the place is almost silent at night. Unlike the overpriced, vile central Manchester hotels which were overdue for demolition 30 years ago.

Anyway the one thing that made me shudder when I arrived was the use of electric showers. I usually hate the bloody things because all they do is spit out a thin stream of lukewarm water. This one was bloody brilliant, just like a real shower. Unfortunately I forgot to take note of the make.

I bet it uses a lot of leccy.

Reply to
Steve Firth