Electric Nailer

Hi

Anyone recommend a decent (not mega expensive) electric nailer? Cordless or mains, don't mind, up to maybe 1" brads?

Only want it for fixing backs onto flatpack furniture - maybe a stapler would be better?

Currently on my second Rapesco Master Nailer Pro 181-35EL Electric Brad Nail Gun.

Complete s**te.

Half the time it doesn't fire the brad, just makes a noise and when it does fire it leaves the head of the brad protruding every third go. Junk.

No room to cart a compressor about.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Netto have them for 10GBP as from yesterday,buy it, try it,take it back if its naff. ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Er,make that 8GBP. ;-)

Damn didn't know they was selling the hand trolly for a tenner,3GBP cheaper than Aldi.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I bought a cheapo from screwfix a couple of years back for tacking down hardboard and the like. Fires brads up to 25mm into softwood no problem. Cost about £20 and would be ideal for what your thinking of.

Reply to
TonyK

Had one of these for a while, very good.

Reply to
Grunff

I've got the exact same model. Unless I use both hands to hold it against the work, the recoil leaves about 1mm of the brad sticking out - even in softwood. Any way to adjust the firing mechanism that you know of?

Pete

Reply to
Peter Lynch

I don't think there is any adjustment.

You do have to hold it firmly, but I never experienced sticking out nails. But to be fair, I was mainly nailing into chipboard and MDF.

Reply to
Grunff

My experience with the Arrow matches that of Peter's, even with the 2 handed approach I find it a bit hit or miss. As I imagine Dave will be using this for his business I'd suggest spending a bit more and perhaps get one with adjustable oomph. Andy Hall always seems to have the nicest toys, perhaps he'll offer a recommendation :-).

Reply to
fred

Thats the one. Even better for £15!

Reply to
TonyK

Yes, I'm pretty sure I paid ~£30 a few years ago.

Reply to
Grunff

Ended up with one of these by Stanley

one it's a good brand name, & two I can take it back to my local B&Q easily if it plays up.

Not the most powerfull thing in the world, maximum 12mm brad or 14mm staple, but having tried it out it fires a 14mm staple through 3mm ply into MDF no problem. Staples seen to give a better fix that brads, no chance of the head poping out of the thin backing.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Stanley hand tools are decent,but their powertools are no different than those of the Aldi/Lidl make.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby