electric motors

Trying to source some electric motors, just small ones

3 or 6 volt that could spin a fan or similar. Aart from buying a hand held fan and stripping it down, anyone know a supplier? (Maplin sold out locally) TIA
Reply to
Vass

Google?

eg.

Gordon Henderson

Reply to
Vass

?cPath=13

Reply to
Dave Osborne

goldmine of stuff, and good prices too.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Not all brushless motors are intended for Li-po use, but they do all need controllers, and these are an extra 20 quid or so (for model shop cheap brushlesses with no integral controller)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

just the job, thanks muchly

Reply to
Vass

Lots and lots available from model suppliers.

I've probably got a few lying around

Google 'Speed 300' - that's a motor that will take 5-6A on 3-6v.

If you post up the sort of fan diameter and power you want to use, I can tell you what would work.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Don't use bnrushless for a simple application. Too complex.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Actually, I'm after a slow speed (30rpm) windmill affair, with LEDs at the 'wingtips' I've bought some POT's and LED's a few strip circuit boards, just hope the simple motors can withstand the torque as the whole arrangement also needs to rotate around the base axis. so the path of the LED's create an imaginary ball - approx size = 20 to 30cm (if you see what I mean)

Reply to
Vass

Try mutr.co.uk and their "solar motors", assuming that your "fan" is more of a "whirling light display paddle" rather than a device for pumping air. These motors are low power, but also very low current draw and nicely controllable to slow speeds.

30rpm really is pretty slow though, so you might want a geared motor for that. mutr do some good cheap gearboxes (120:1 for 3 quid, including motor) - they might have some with the 30-50:1 reduction ratio that fits what you're asking for here.
Reply to
Andy Dingley

The natural speed of a small electric motor -is 5000-30,000RPM, so you are going to need something like a worm drive box.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Then your local shop should be able to do you a mail order from the warehouse, and waive the p&p charge.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Maplin appear to have plenty on line.. Another manufacturer is SEM who I believe used to make the little DC motors for attachment to Meccano models in the 1940s when I first got into electrics!!! Michael

Reply to
Michael Shergold

In message , Dave Osborne writes

posts a bloody link. Far too many fun gadgets and pretty damn good prices too!

Reply to
Clint Sharp

I thought they stopped doing that a while ago.

Reply to
Bob Eager

yep you're right I managed to get a loose contraption from my kids KNEX box but I need to build something more substantial and less "wobbly" This is the KNEX result

Vass