Electric mirror in a bathroom

Hi everyone
I have just got a new mirror with lights in it for the bathroom.
It has a 'shaver' plug on it.
What I would like to do is wire it directly from a pull cord switch.
Is there any reason why I could not cut off this shaver plug and wire it into a fused spur with the pull cord switch, or is there something special about the power coming from a shaver socket that would mean I would have to have one of these?
It would be nice to hide the wires too, but for ease of removal I guess that will not be possible, unless I could find a flush 'vertical' socket. By that I mean one that I can plug into vertically, rather than horizontally, behind the mirror and keep it as close to the wall as possible. Is there such a thing?
Thanks
Richard
--
Richard Grenfell
Cambridge
Richard wrote:

I can't see the usual bathroom shaver socket transformer being able to power any sort of light because they are usually only 15-20 watts normally. This must be some continental plug type, possibly IKEA rubbish? I'd do what you suggest with the switched fused spur. Do make sure though that it is safe to put it where you want in the bathroom, bearing in mind the different zone ratings. I doubt though if it is Ikea or similar they give you much guidance on this.

It's not actually from Ikea (unlike most of the stuff we have :) ), but a Flabeg mirror, bought through local big building trade place (Ridgeons for those of you who know the area)
It hadn't occured to me that it wouldn't be for a shaver socket.

Remind me of the zone ratings.

:(
Richard
--
Richard Grenfell
Cambridge
Richard wrote:

e.g. http://www.electriclightcompany.co.uk/acatalog/tech_info_bathroom.htm
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:54:49 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk (Richard) wrote:

I doubt it's a shaver plug, more likely it's got continental origins and a continental plug. Molto naughty.

No just observe the zones as others have said.

Fit the fused spur outlet close to the ceiling, conceal the wiring and fit an unfused spur outlet behind the mirror. Again mind the Zones!
DG