Electric hot water cylinder - fuse ampage?

Just wondering if anyone can help? Our electric hot water cylinder has stopped working, I've just gone to replaced the fuse and stupidly dropped the existing fuse down the back of the cylinder. Anyone know what size fuse I need to replace it with? Thanks

Reply to
penny

There are various ratings. You probably need to read the wattage from the label on the immersion element, under the protective cap. Don't forget to remove the fu..

Reply to
Steve Walker

Assuming you mean the emersion heater - these are usually 2.0KW to 2.5KW, so a 13amp fuse would be used. The wattage of the heater is stamped on its cover.

Reply to
Paul King

Almost certainly 13A, if you're talking about the fused connection unit or plug.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Thanks guys, most helpful! :-)

Reply to
penny

Use the guide of four amps mutiplied by 250 Volts equals one kiloWatt. Your immersion is probably a standard 3kWatt type. So 4 Amps for 1kWatt therefore

12Amps for 3kWatt. Add a bit for tolerance and use a 13 Amp fuse.

x-- 100 Proof News -

30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Reply to
Chris McBrien