Electric Clothes Drying Racks

Aldi just recently are doing an electric clothes drying rack for £29.

Would anyone know the wattage on these things and whether they are a good thing to get, in terms of drying clothes in an economical way ?

Reply to
john t west

Normal rack and a dehumidifier - have one going now in the hall...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I understand they are as good as the Lakeland / Coopers / Other catalogue o nes at higher prices.

It seems to me the part of the clothes adjacent to the element would dry mo re quickly than the rest, and as heat rises but most of the clothes are bel ow the element there would be uneven drying.

If you have an option of a horizontal heated rack with the clothes stacked on top that might be better.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

All a heated rack will do is increase the humidity in your house.

No idea of running cost, but shutting 2 racks full of washing in the box room with our ebac running on "boost" for 8 hours works wonders.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Using a fan is quicker than using heat, and cheaper.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I have lines in a box room with an oil filled heater on low and that seems to work as well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff