Electric cars still a bit shite

Why?

Not all of us. You may be waste, but I am stardust, I am golden.

Reply to
Steve Firth

How west is the "West Country"? according to some it includes Gloucestershire - that's Bristol out of London - phew.

Reply to
charles

Nice. Googling "Dunning-Kruger Effect" is illuminating, also.

Reply to
Huge

A friend of mine extended Cipolla's idea and write "The Power of Stupidity" which is also worth a read. Although he was a tad pissed off when I pointed out that basic idea had been hammered out by Henry Kuttner in 1951 with the story "Day of the Moron".

Heh, without that Usenet would be very different. No Sexually Transmitted Cole with his grand reforms of UK usenet for a start.

Reply to
Steve Firth

If it works. Another straw to grasp at. Drivel. So what we then get is heat. So we raise steam and it is actually a steam car?

Heh, heh. What a load of old bollocks. Stop every thirty miles to pick up water? BTW, do some research as to why steam locmotives never had condensers. (In anticipation of the drivel)

Amazing how the simple minded are taken in by pseudo-technology. The usual suspects here of course.

Reply to
harryagain

You ARE barking mad. Go and take somelithium at once.

Reply to
harryagain

Did you mean H. Beam Piper's "Day of the Moron", or more likely, Cyril Kornbluth's "The Marching Morons"?

Tee-hee.

Reply to
Huge

Anybody that the pinnacle of motoring is the Dacia Sandero needs help. It's just a Renault built by monkeys and child labour anyway.

Reply to
harryagain

No that's about right. They are all living somewhere. Pushing up the priceof houses and land.

Reply to
harryagain

South and East of Watford Gap.

Reply to
harryagain

...and there was me today, looking at a couple of Rightmove ads for well located building plots with PP for 3-4bed houses, not selling despite being well

Reply to
Adrian

I never drive "many hundreds of miles."

Reply to
harryagain

Here we have two people who desperately need to be shown a map of the UK.

Reply to
Adrian

That explains why your outlook is so narrow.

Reply to
Adrian

Has no friends [X] Has no family [X] No one wants to see him [X]

Reply to
Steve Firth

But still better than some shonky battery car. For a start you can actually get somewhere in a Sandero.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Oh bugger yes. I blame age.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No it takes you up to iron, because all those fusion reactions that far are exothermic. Beyond that they are endothermic and only happen in a supernova.

Reply to
Tim Streater

BTW, I wonder if you're aware of this:

It seems to fit with your ideas about the management of such things as the railways.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Aberdeen would fit south of a such a line. Maybe there was a specific line?

Reply to
dennis