Electric cars .. Not all as Green as was reckoned;(..

Yes, I like the idea of uploadable vehicle sounds. We could hav David macaroon on blue cars.....

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

90% of the buses round your way run totally empty outside rush hour? Do you kill off all your OAPs with Freedom passes?
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They take taxis

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Round here, the buses between the rush hours, especially the ones just after the morning rush, are full to the brim with OAPs using their free passes and Mums with pre school-age kids using their special offer family tickets. They're often fuller than the rush hour ones. I very rarely see one of ours with fewer than half a dozen passengers on, and that's only at the start or finish of the route.

There are three operators on some of the busier routes, and no direct subsidies in sight.

Reply to
John Williamson

Wait inside.

But that was the US of A, where only the *poor* people take the bus.

Reply to
Tim Streater

didn't MT or one of her cronies, say only life's failures take the bus?

Reply to
charles

Except for commuter travel into NYC from expensive bedroom communities.

Reply to
S Viemeister

But did rehab work?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I dunno. I went to the dreary symposium

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Fellow drunks recognise each other.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

If there is one thing I have never ever been close to, its being a drunk. Sorry.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher