Electric cars.

Don't the milk bottles rattling on yours put you off?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I similarly must apologise for a couple of mistakes, firstly not converting your figure to km and secondly I think I had the reciprocal of kWhr/km, I'll look at it again.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

** snip Richard senility **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

All diesel cars are like them.

** snip senility **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I understand that the on board computers for consumption are very unreliable. Have you checked the consumption by direct measurement over say 1000 miles?

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

Can't remember off hand, but a lot of them still use a beam across the back

- usually small hatches done on the cheap. IIRC Novas were like that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's a flexible beam, though. So more like a De Dion.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I haven't done any detailed checks, but the number of miles it claims is pretty reliable and when I fill up the fuel it claims has been used seems to match what I put in pretty closely.

Reply to
Matt Beard

The computers in modern cars count the fuel injection pulses and are very accurate

Reply to
dennis

The pv panel probably powered th card reader!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

but the F.I.T. probably payed for the power used by the cars ;-) or rather, we all did with the 11% levy on our electricity bills.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel