Electric Blankets

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012, "SteveW" writ:

You forget that women are from Venus and men are from Mars.

The Martian surface temperature is extremely low and therefore men do not feel cold on Earth.

Venus has a surface temperature hot enough to melt lead and therefore women always feel cold on Earth.

Reply to
Percy

This is what ours is. Odd that a Queen is bigger than a King.

Reply to
Huge

I doubt it, I've always thought the guide dog was more intelligent than a blunkett.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

That would explain sunbathing

NT

Reply to
meow2222

No that's plain wrong. The Queen is the smaller? 150x180cm

Reply to
djc

The conclusion I reach is that the sizes are not standardised.

Reply to
Huge

doubt the inteligent heating that adjust according to your body temperature would work if it were turned off ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Are you talking about the wife ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Though they seemed to be called superking nowadays (going from buying bed linen for ours).

We have a 6' wide bed that has two separate mattresses which zip together

Reply to
chris French

I was, and still am fairly cold tolerant,so much so that people called me cold blooded and others said I could stay warm by cutting a coal advert out of the paper and sitting by it.. I still am yet a few years ago I was also diagnosed with Hypothyroidism while they checked for something else. Explained why I was able to catnap all the time as tiredness is another sympton. Put that and cold intolerance together and we are back to the average wife.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

We believe this to be the case, and checks have been made, (and there is family history), however we are also under the impression that the "trigger levels" are set rather high in our local authority, although they deny having trigger levels...

Wifey is currently persuing some alternative treatments because she has nothing else to go on...

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

You might find it interesting and useful to sign up here:

only my partner but I too have now been diagnosed and feel very much better. Was diagnosed at a low TSH level because of understanding by us - not by doctor.

Reply to
polygonum

Have passed it on - thanks. (I'm fine, sleep in a freezer, me)

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

The consumer website 'Which' did a review on electric blankets. That's wher= e I started. If you're a member, you may wish to read that.

We ended up with:

think Imetec Ltd makes the blanket for several brands including Dreamland= /Sleepwell. I had a long chat with a very helpful lady in customer support.

Our blanket has two sides. Each side has an independent control with its ow= n plug. The control is simple and neat. Designed to be slept on. Multiple t= emperature settings. Multiple time settings - we mostly set it to shut off = after an hour. Very quick to warm up - minutes.

It's washable, but the superking is so large that it won't fit in a domesti= c washing machine. We put a mattress cover on top of it and then a sheet so= we don't have to wash it so often.

We love it. Definitely a marriage saver. It's a delight to get into bed. We= don't have to spend so much on heating the whole bedroom.

Reply to
metric_trade

Correction. The product we got was:

"Sleepwell Intelliheat Luxury Mattress Cover - Superking"

We didn't get the top of the range for the 'Intelliheat' function. We got it because the controls are better.

Reply to
metric_trade

Do Bensons for Beds sell Bensons Superkings then?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

have one of them but one side has packed up after the guarantee ran out (of course!), but its probably the best one to go for. Anyway I hope so, the wife's just ordered another one.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Addison

That's hedging the question.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I am similar. While working outside last winter for numerous weekends, my sole concession to the snow on the ground and the frozen materials was to wear a long-sleeved T-shirt instead of a short one. I don't do vests, coats, gloves etc. Now if only my wife could cope with the cold, we'd save an absolute fortune in heating!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Although many do have this caution, there are others that do not. Ours has a temperature adjustment of 1 to 7 and the instructions state that it must not be used above 3 when you are in bed.

I think that the elements are made from self-regulating cable and therefore any local overheating is self-limiting.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW