Elect "Is this true"

Just talking to a guy who lives in the same village and he's getting quotes for a re-wire. He asked the electrician who came yesterday if he would raise the BCN or whether he would have to do that himself. To which the electrician said "I'm what's called Part P qualified so you don't need a BCN I will issue you all the approval you will need"

Is this true ?

Reply to
ac1951

I believe so.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes. The requirement is EITHER to have the work down by an employee of a firm registered with an approved association (NICEIC and, I believe, one other) OR to submit a building control notice.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Part P is not a qualification, ask the electrician to see his registration document for Part P, with either NAPIT, ECA, NICEIC or FENSA, there's another one I can't think of.

Reply to
John McLean

Did you really mean FENSA there (i.e. window installers)?

CORGI have part P schemes among others...

Reply to
John Rumm

"ELECSA is a joint venture between FENSA and the BBA"

Reply to
Andy Burns

There was me thinking that sounded like a typo!

Spose it makes about as much sense as part P anyway.

Reply to
John Rumm

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "John McLean" saying something like:

It all makes as much sense as trying to find the hidden message in alphabet soup.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon