El cheapo paint brushes

Daily calorie requirement for a lad my size doing a manual job is over

3,000. Cornish tin miner much more.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I was given a sweeping brush by my Grandad over twenty years ago, it gets daily use and is still going strong! I have only replaced the head 5 times and the shaft 6 ;-)

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

There's no hope :-(

Reply to
Andy Hall

That's wishful thinking.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Half of the RDA of salt alone...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

No, thats the Harris-Benedict Calorie Needs Formula.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You could regularly eat 10 times the RDA without any health problems. A low salt diet is far more dangerous to health.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Crumbs, that has lasted a long time!

Reply to
clot

So back to the paintbrushes......

Reply to
Andy Hall

Tis true. I used to do a sedentary job staring at a computer all day and had to be really careful what I are, now I do physical graft and a big side effect joy is that I can now eat as many cream cakes as I like

Munchily Anna ~ ~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plaster repair and conservation / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantles, pargeting etc |____|

Anna Kettle

Of course. It's partly an energy in/energy out thing, but also the possible increase in metabolic rate improving energy use in general. Whether that all adds up to 3000 kcal per day is something else.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That's not always true. A small proportion of the population are sodium sensitive, and have to watch their intake. If you don't have high blood pressure, don't worry about it. If you do something that makes you hot and sweaty - such as lying on a sun lounger in the Caribbean - make sure you get enough salt, or you'll get rapidly ill.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ