El cheapo paint brushes

Are you saying pheasant is worse than Ginsters pies or trying to call Andy a peasant?

Reply to
Rumble

Well I was going to say. A well hung pheasant or a partridge for that matter is very appealing.

near to me often has some particularly fine examples.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Promoting yourself again! Mr Firth will be along in a minute.

Reply to
Man at B&Q

They'd be even better with some onions! I leave a message to that effect in the customer feedback box every time I visit. Had absolutely no effect, yet. Do they have onions in Sweden?

Oh yes. Many of the traditional Swedish dishes use it:

Jansson's Frestelse (Jansson's Temptation) involves potatoes, a lot of onion, anchovies and cream.

Pyttipanna (Hash involving potatoes, onions, boiled or roasted meat, horseradish, beetroot and eggs.)

Köttbullar (Meatballs)

The last of these is unfortunate because the 'K' is pronounced in the context of this word as approximately the same as 'sh' in English.

For the product that IKEA has in their restaurants, the overall sound is fairly descriptive.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I've had this and it's absolutely *wonderful*. A friend lived in Sweden for a while and has cooked it for us...

Reply to
Huge

Not quite the same. Anything wellington isn't appealing either.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Potkiln. Isn't that where West Berkshire Brewery is? Good Old Boy!

Reply to
Rumble

My dear, they're simply divine

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Just as well you spelt pheasant correctly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Andy Hall

That's why we have so many of them in Berkshire.

Reply to
Andy Hall

With the rods or without?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Nah, I'm sure that's the name of one of Ikea's wardrobes.

David

Reply to
Lobster

In message , Frank Erskine writes

S'Ok Frank, we meat eaters don't appreciate the complex variety of textures and flavours that can only be appreciated when meats no longer dominate a meal.

Reply to
Si

Both. I'd rather have a Ginsters pasty than pheasant - tried it, don't like it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Spot on - I assembled one only last week.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

"Don't like" doesn't mean that it isn't good.

Pheasant, like most game has a very low fat content (< 1%), low calorie to weight ratio and high in beneficial mineral content.

Ginsters pasty has

580kcal (basically a third of the daily requirement for a male) 49g of carbohydrate 35g of fat 17g saturated fat 4.3g fibre 3g salt

In other words, nutritionally awful for something intended to be eaten as a complete meal.

Reply to
Andy Hall

SWMBO inherited a set of professional quality paintbrushes from her late painter & decorator uncle who had died in his mid '60s.

Her dad told her late uncle John had looked after them since he was an apprentice so you gotta look after them Yada,Yada,Yada.

Within a month they were inevitably pot hard - *Big* guilt trip.

Spool forward one month later when we got the decorator in. ;-)

Q. "How long does a paintbrush last"

A. "3 weeks. For the first week it's crap, the bristles keep coming out, it's OK for a week, and at the end of the 3rd week it's knackered".

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

No wonder they taste so good with all that neat stuff in them!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman