El cheapo paint brushes

It's your age. Young families seem quite happy there. I get confused, but not distressed, which is quite an achievement on their part I think. Anyway, the process of buying the plate is another issue. I'm sure steak and chips tastes the same off an Ikea plate as any other.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

You could well be right. They also seem to populate places like high streets and B&Q on Saturday mornings with their double push chairs, weaving aimlessly about and not buying anything.

I can't stand shopping places without proper display or oranisation of their goods (e.g. the entry level supermarkets) or those that force a path past their goods (e.g. IKEA and, as it was, the shops in Heathrow terminal 3). I want to go, select what I have already decided upon and go and leave. Anything else is a distraction and waste of time.

I disagree.

That depends on whether they can tolerate being heated to the correct temperature or not. Serving of food on plates of an inappropriate temperature for the specific dish should be a capital offence.

Reply to
Andy Hall

My great grandmother used to describe this as someone who "works with his head", basically meaning white collar as opposed to blue collar. What she would make of computers and 23yr old financial traders in red braces and Porsches I have no idea.

Indeed. That's all before the opportunity factors are taken into account, whereupon the discussion is several orders of magnitude different.

Reply to
Andy Hall

70 odd quid an hour? Just as well decorating isn't your profession. You'd not get any work at all. ;-)
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You live your life how you choose.

Emotion.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It would depend. If you can wash the brushes out under the tap then I always do it. Having to get out a solvent and finding a container means I sometimes don't bother.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not sure how many of those there are left (and there are going to be a lot fewer in the next couple of months). They were mostly FX Spot traders and the Euro took most of their business away. Besides, I don't go on the Trading Floor much any more.

Reply to
Huge

Half the fun of IKEA is taking the non-standard route! Look around and there are shortcuts galore through doors they don't want you to use. Entering through the till area to get to the shelving at the end of their 'route' usually saves time and means that Management doesn't see to much to take her interest and so prevents damage to the credit card.

And railway stations at weekends when sprogs travel free with Scotrail's Family Fundays. Family F***ups the tickets are called by staff as the punters seem incapable of understanding that a family of weans will not get through the automatic ticket gates on one swipe of the ticket.

Having got them all to go through the wide gate then they'll realise that the shop is on the outside so they'll all have to go through again to stock up on High Caffeine Irn Bru and hula-hoops[1], and then one of the little sprogs will start wetting itself and they all have to be got through the gates again to be sent over to the loos on plat 3.

And they trample crushed hula-hoops on my nicely polished terazzo.

Tesco have moved their value noodls from the noodles and rice department to the bottom shelf of the pot noodle section. It's taken me months to find them, as I don't usually patronise the pot noodle section.

Well, floggable. Let's maintain some sense of proportion.

Owain

[1] A savoury snack product popular with small children as they can stick the hoops on their fingers.
Reply to
Owain

Probably

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Ginsters don't seem to have a recommended temperature

Reply to
Stuart Noble

At this time of year about 2 degrees is the temperature of the average dustbin.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Bloody hell - that's a bit exhorbitant... you should try Toolstation where they're only 11p a pop:

Lobster

Made me laugh! :)

Reply to
clot

Nah. Its great at IKEA. Loads of fit women to perve, cool gadgets & stuff in the market place, cheapest castors on the planet & great hot dogs!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Is you dissin Ginsters innit? A very pleasant pasty IMO. Nice sausage rolls as well.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'd sooner do a good job, which is why I turn down 80% of the decorating jobs that come in & suggest a professional decorator instead. I do stuff decorators would consider too small.

For example; painting two ceilings in a 3 story town house, lady did the walls herself but didn't have a suitable ladder, sanding down & applying woodstain to 5 window sills, painting the wooden fascia above a garage door, slapping a coat of magnolia over a bedroom wall, painting the tiles above a bay window etc.

I make it clear I'm a handyman not a decorator. There lies my market place.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No good for vegetarians though.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Vegetarians don't deserve to enjoy food. Attention seekers IMO.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The fit women, possibly, the rest of it I can leave.

Reply to
Andy Hall