efflorescence, or something to worry about ?

The end of our bath isn't sealed properly, and without doubt splashes have made their way to the concrete below over the years.

But... is this potentially something nasty, or just salts / efflorescence as a result ?

's no sign of it elsewhere around the bath, just immediately under the place it'd catch the odd bow-wave :-}

Thanks :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

What's the consistancy of the white stuff? (e.g. dry powder, cobwebs, etc)

What's the consistancy of the timber (e.g. solid, or easily push a screwdiver through it)?

It doesn't look like rot -- there aren't enough of the signs, but it's difficult to see in the photo.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It's just dry powder, slightly bitty (might be general debris from the concrete floor mixed with it)

The timber itself is firm - I prodded it with a terminal driver quite hard, and it felt like a regular piece of wood :-)

Thanks for the reply

Reply to
Colin Wilson