Edinburgh builder recommendations

Hello from Edinburgh

I've just moved into a flat in where the kitchen door has been moved so entry is from a room other than the hall. I want to block up the door and open up the original doorway from the hall once more.

I'm looking at getting an all trades firm in to quote on the job but at the moment I'm just trawling through Yellow Pages, a method that does not fill me with confidence. Can anyone recommend a builder/all trades firm that will do a decent job for a decent price.

Has anyone undertaken a similar task? Was dealing with your local building control department easy or difficult?

Thanks

Reply to
tantara62