edging for pond/stream

We have a little (artificial) stream in the garden. The sides had collapsed so I have been re doing them

I now need some pieces of flat stone - could have been slate or some other stone which splits - (in the past I have been able to go to a garden centre and choose pieces and pay by weight) but I am struggling.

Any suggestions of the sort of place I might try (having tried 4 garden centres with no luck)?

Reply to
John

In message , John writes

You've not mentioned where you are geographically

Reply to
geoff

Large garden centre or a landscape gardening supplier. We got a couple of tonnes of York stone from a garden centre a long way to the north of here. They provided free transport which was welcome. Some of the stone was used for a water feature and it was easy to split with a brickies' hammer.

This is the sort of stuff we used.

a general location for where you are would help, someone may know of a local supplier.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Essex

Reply to