Ebay Shower pump

Anyone know if these shower pumps are any good or at a good price? - thinking of buying one myself..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item%84512115&categoryA504
Steve
steve wrote:

In my limited experience, Ebay is full of shoddy or faulty goods. I wouldn't buy anything there again.
ARWadsworth wrote:

I agree Adam , but I guess one only needs to get stuffed on an ebay deal once to feel a bit jaundiced for the future.
--
To Reply directly to my mailbox, change myisp to ntlworld

Bob Minchin wrote:

I've just been shafted on an Ebay deal, seller had good feedback so I was confident to chance 40 on a stick of RAM and then wallop, me and a whole heap of others were all taken to the cleaners. I paid by Paypal and they've washed their hands of it, they've pointed out though that I might try getting in contact with the seller and asking again for my money back as he's closed his account with them and vanished. Police uninterested in a possible conspiracy to defraud case so I'm out 40, Would I buy again on Ebay? The answer would have to be yes, the savings I've made on other stuff mean I'm willing to take a chance every now and then.
--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk /

snip
Paypal worry me. If you do a Google search on Paypal you will turn up a site full of horror stories about their actions, up to and including holding on to your money on various pretexts, in cases where they appear to act as judge, jury, and executioner.
They are of course an arm of Ebay.
I have got the odd bargain on Ebay, including a Starrett metric calipers accurate to .01mm for 10.
And it will often turn up things hard to find elsewhere
Paul Mc Cann
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:11:20 +0000, Bob Minchin wrote:

So do I, only a couple of handfuls deals but I've been happy and got some good kit at a good price.

I guess it also depends how you approach ebay, remember:
1) There is no such thing as free lunch. If something looks too good to be true it probably isn't.
2) Read between the lines of item descriptions. What has been left out that would, on the face of it, be obvious to include.
3) Check sellers feedback. Is the person generally a buyer or a seller? Do they buy/sell lots of similar things?
4) Fix the maximum price you are willing to pay early on and *stick to it*. Either get online and incrementally bid in the closing minutes but don't get carried away. Snipers can still get you so it may be worth just slinging in your maximum bid days before and forgetting about it, though you can get bid up on an item with not a great deal of interest. At the end of the day if you loose you loose to someone who was willing to pay more than you. *Stick to your maximum price*.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Another alternative is to become a sniper. There are various programs to do this, the one I use is Paragon Last Minute Bidder:
http://www.newfreeware.com/publishers/6546 /
I don't like sniping myself as there is something "of the night" about it (a certain Tory leader would know what I mean). But when in Rome....
PoP

Not mine. You just have to read the description properly and make sure the deal is OK.

04
Ebay and it works perfectly.
Anyone have a opinion on the shower pump itself ? (even if I didn`t buy it from Ebay!)
Steve

With online auctions there will be a percentage of ripoffs. The sensible thing is to take precautions, then allow for the failures upfront. You will never achieve a 100% satisfaction record. My experience leads me to only buy when theres a real good reason to - if you can get it the same price some place else, do so. When things are half the price at auction it begins to make sense to buy that way, and factor in the losses.
Regards, NT
Hello steve

It's the bottom end in quality and performance. 1.5bar is low. Anything that suggests being connected to 15mm is not going to offer a /great/ shower.
But, if you just want an "ok" shower, it should do - although quality and completeness is always an issue, and you may have issues chasing up that warrantee if you need to.
I wouldn't.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK