Ebay Shower pump

Anyone know if these shower pumps are any good or at a good price? - thinking of buying one myself..

steve

> Steve

In my limited experience, Ebay is full of shoddy or faulty goods. I wouldn't buy anything there again.

Reply to
BillR

Not in my experience.

-- Adam

adamwadsworth@(REMOVETHIS)blueyonder.co.uk

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I agree Adam , but I guess one only needs to get stuffed on an ebay deal once to feel a bit jaundiced for the future.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

> 04

I've just been shafted on an Ebay deal, seller had good feedback so I was confident to chance £40 on a stick of RAM and then wallop, me and a whole heap of others were all taken to the cleaners. I paid by Paypal and they've washed their hands of it, they've pointed out though that I might try getting in contact with the seller and asking again for my money back as he's closed his account with them and vanished. Police uninterested in a possible conspiracy to defraud case so I'm out £40, Would I buy again on Ebay? The answer would have to be yes, the savings I've made on other stuff mean I'm willing to take a chance every now and then.

Reply to
James Hart

So do I, only a couple of handfuls deals but I've been happy and got some good kit at a good price.

I guess it also depends how you approach ebay, remember:

1) There is no such thing as free lunch. If something looks too good to be true it probably isn't. 2) Read between the lines of item descriptions. What has been left out that would, on the face of it, be obvious to include. 3) Check sellers feedback. Is the person generally a buyer or a seller? Do they buy/sell lots of similar things? 4) Fix the maximum price you are willing to pay early on and *stick to it*. Either get online and incrementally bid in the closing minutes but don't get carried away. Snipers can still get you so it may be worth just slinging in your maximum bid days before and forgetting about it, though you can get bid up on an item with not a great deal of interest. At the end of the day if you loose you loose to someone who was willing to pay more than you. *Stick to your maximum price*.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Another alternative is to become a sniper. There are various programs to do this, the one I use is Paragon Last Minute Bidder:

don't like sniping myself as there is something "of the night" about it (a certain Tory leader would know what I mean). But when in Rome....

PoP

PoP

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:43:40 -0000, "James Hart"

snip

snip

Paypal worry me. If you do a Google search on Paypal you will turn up a site full of horror stories about their actions, up to and including holding on to your money on various pretexts, in cases where they appear to act as judge, jury, and executioner.

They are of course an arm of Ebay.

I have got the odd bargain on Ebay, including a Starrett metric calipers accurate to .01mm for £10.

And it will often turn up things hard to find elsewhere

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

Depends on what you buy. I`ve bought a brand new boiler amongst others off Ebay and it works perfectly.

Anyone have a opinion on the shower pump itself ? (even if I didn`t buy it from Ebay!)

Steve

Reply to
steve

With online auctions there will be a percentage of ripoffs. The sensible thing is to take precautions, then allow for the failures upfront. You will never achieve a 100% satisfaction record. My experience leads me to only buy when theres a real good reason to - if you can get it the same price some place else, do so. When things are half the price at auction it begins to make sense to buy that way, and factor in the losses.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Not mine. You just have to read the description properly and make sure the deal is OK.

Reply to
PJO

Hello steve

It's the bottom end in quality and performance. 1.5bar is low. Anything that suggests being connected to 15mm is not going to offer a /great/ shower.

But, if you just want an "ok" shower, it should do - although quality and completeness is always an issue, and you may have issues chasing up that warrantee if you need to.

I wouldn't.

Reply to
Simon Avery