Ebay resolution centre + Interlink sucks

I don't.

Reply to
David Lang

In message , Eusebius writes

I realise how annoying this is, but I don't see a scam here by Interlink (as in a deliberate attempt by the organisation to defraud people). They try to deliver a parcel, they can't. When asked they provide proof of an attempt to deliver (which they did, admittedly, maybe badly), and then presumably the parcel went back to the sender.

Now, sure, I'll accept that the delivery maybe driver didn't do a good job of trying to deliver the parcel, but I'm somewhat confused by your description of the arrangements for access. You appear to be saying that the delivery drivers are expected to ring random bells to get into your building, which seems rather odd and rather defeats the purpose of locked external doors - I wouldn't expect to do that if I was delivering

- I would expect to put a card through a letter box or something, where do your letters go?.

But we've all experienced crap delivery drivers and crap delivery companies.

The issues here seem to be:

  1. that you didn't realise that delivery had been attempted because the card was not seen.
  2. that Ebay accepted proof of attempted delivery as proof of actual delivery, which is of course rubbish. Whether or not this is Ebay policy, of down to individuals in the organisation just doing a bad job, or a mixture of the two is another matter . Big organisations are often crap at doing things sensibly, hence the endless media reports about cases.
Reply to
Chris French

Surely a picture of a card is proof it *hasn't* been delivered?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes - it seems odd to me too.

The regular postman or whatever may well know the system needed at this block - but how is a casual delivery driver meant to?

However, the seller should have ticked the box on Ebay saying the goods had been sent and giving an approximate delivery date. You should also get an email saying this has happened - or rather that's what happens here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What the seller's got is immaterial. Paypal require a signature as proof of delivery. In the absence of which the buyer is automatically refunded their money. So that it's all in favour of the buyer. Especially as eBay expects sellers to swallow the extra costs of recorded delivery if they want to protect themselves from being ripped off.

And even then, disputes over signatures can arise, although that doesn't apply apply here.

Except as you yourself admit, you were refunded by Paypal.

A refund which it wouldn't surprise me to learn, was initiated by the seller, once they'd received the goods back

What people can't seem to get they're head around, is that as with bookmakers supposedly fixing results, there's no reason for eBay sellers to try and fiddle anyone. They can make a nice steady profit, day in and day out by acting honestly. For many of them, low cost labour in China guarantees that, same as with poundshops etc.

michael adams

michael adams

Yes, that normally happen here as well. buisness sellers it normally happens all the time, private sellers not always, I guess they don't bother

Reply to
Chris French

Yes, exactly - you've got it Chris. Ebay are accepting 'proof of attempted delivery', which as you say is 'of course rubbish'. This is the scam.

What is needed is 'proof of contact with the buyer by means of signature'.

The seller SHOULD, as many have said, have contacted the buyer with:

  1. the courier used
  2. estimated time of delivery
  3. the deliver ID so it can be tracked by the buyer

The seller did none of this and was irritated I bothered him with emails at all. He responded 'see delivery details' which on ebay were just 'other co urier, 3-5 days'. He's a real piece of work with plenty of negative feedbac k like this, as I read afterwards.

In response to 'how do you get into the building', the main response is abo ve - if the buyer has the delivery details and the ID he can track the parc el and contact the courier.

What really shocks me is that ebay has no right of appeal and the seller ge ts the goods back AND keeps the money. This is just unbelieveable.

Reply to
Eusebius

On the contrary - the seller was a total xxxx through the whole process. Awful communication, wouldn't admit any liability. Didn't try to sort this out at all, went straight to arbitration, won the arbitration and then didn't answer any emails.

And I can't leave negative feedback because if a dispute has been decided in favour of the seller, ebay deletes all feedback.

Reply to
Eusebius

How is the seller liable if you choose to live in premises with a secured common entrance which makes leaving a card at your specific address impossible ? As has been already been pointed out, Royal Mail who most likely deliver daily at multiple adresses on your premises will have found a way around this problem. Couriers who've never delivered there before won't.

And how are they supposed to have done that ?

How can it have been decided in favour of the seller, if Paypal have issued you with a refund ?

The reason you can't leave feedback is most likely because the transaction has been cancelled by the seller. As delivery proved impossible.

michael adams

michael adams

You seem to have misunderstood. It's not "rubbish" or a "scam" at all.

Ebay require proof of an "attempt at delivery", as you say rather than "delivery" per se so the seller can satisfy them that he's at least tried to fulfil his side of the bargain. Otherwise he'd get a non-fulfilment strike against him.

This in no way means he can hang onto all the money. The main purpose is to protect him from claims he's sent nothing. It might also mean he doesn't have to repay any postage and packing

Again you seem, to have misunderstood. Nowhere in the eBay T&C's is there any condiotion whereby sellers can keep all the money in the event of non=delivery. The worst that can happen as noted above is that buyers may forfeit their P&P costs.

michael adams

michael adams

A house should have a letterbox into its own front door. There should not be a communal door which is impossible to enter. Why on earth would you live somewhere where nobody can get to your own door? There are stupid flats round here where you have to press "services" to enter the main door during "Royal Mail hours" which is

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

I'm sorry, Michael but you're just not getting this. I repeat that the sell er provided these Interlink photos of cards written out in front of the str eet door, he won the arbitration immediately, I had no right of appeal, he got both the money and the goods back, and ebay deleted my negative feedbac k automatically - you can't leave feedback after a dispute has been decided .

You're trying to tell me this didn't happen. It did. The alternative is tha t I'm delusional or hallucinating, which I'm most certainly not.

You're falling into the same trap as ebay - thinking that things "should" h appen when in reality they don't. Interlink "should" have sent me an email but they didn't.

Reply to
Eusebius

Indeed. He showed photos which "proved" that a failed attempt at delivery had been made. Not that an actual delivery had been made or that you had received the goods

Indeed. eBay immediately accepted that a failed attempt at delivery had been made. Yes.

Well you wouldn't. If he'd proved that an attempt at delivery had been made and had failed, then what would be the point ?

Without giving anything away, can you please quote direct from the email you recieved from eBay, explaining that as a result of the failed delivery the buyer could keep both the returned goods and the money ?

And given that eBay had told you you'd lost the arbitration what made you think of contacting Paypal?

As from your original posts on this topic it seems that Paypal had refunded you within one hour of your having made your first post.

michael adams

and ebay deleted my negative feedback automatically - you can't leave feedback after a dispute has been decided.

You're trying to tell me this didn't happen. It did. The alternative is that I'm delusional or hallucinating, which I'm most certainly not.

You're falling into the same trap as ebay - thinking that things "should" happen when in reality they don't. Interlink "should" have sent me an email but they didn't.

Reply to
michael adams

This is the case with most blocks of flats.

"Secure by design" standards prohibit the "services" entry and require external letterboxes.

In the US the postman has a special key which overrides the entry system.

(I've suggested my local delivery people get firemans' keys which open the more modern buildings that have fire override switches)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In message , Eusebius writes

Assuming the parcel is sent using a courier/service that offers live tracking, which most services and companies don't, and that you are able to contact the delivery driver.

I still find your description of the access/delivery arrangements rather odd, but there you go.

Reply to
Chris French

What standard? Some flats have them and some don't, there is clearly no law on it.

And I've never seen an external letterbox. If there is a secure door, then the postman has to get someone in to let him through, otherwise there is nowhere for the letters to be left.

I always assumed they'd have a pass key - presumably this is what the tenants use to get in? Maybe they tend to get copied, lost, passed around, used by thieves etc?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265