ebay greenwash device...

Hmm,

guess it corrects powerfactor? which wont actually save any money in the uk I think?

con?

Dave

Reply to
dave sanderson

' How does it Work The electricity saving device saves and reduces energy by stabilizing the voltage which in turn results in reductions in peak power demand and less waste of low efficient power. The low efficient power is consequently stored and recycled by the unit.'

I especially like the bit at the end - 'The low efficient power is consequently stored and recycled by the unit.' I wanna know how they can store it all in such a small box. :-)

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is....

If it were that good, and actually did what it says on the box, we'd all have them.

Reply to
The Wanderer

So I can use one of these to boost the output from my over-unity water heater, by 25%, so its now efficient enough to run a generator and power itself - or even better, if I plug 4 in in series I get free electricity from the mains.

Andy

Reply to
Andy McKenzie

Tested in China, eh? Must be good!

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

If they removed a couple of the claims they might just get away with it legally. A box with a 50p capacitor would reduce supply current some of the time, since some appliances present lagging loads. Would that save energy? Well, the reduction in current would translate to less copper loss in mains cable, but it'd be so tiny no-one would ever notice it.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Isn't it illegal to sell a device designed for plugging into the mains not fitted with a 13 amp plug or permanently attached adaptor? Apart from shavers, etc?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)