Ebay Component tester

About three weeks ago Dave P was talking about a cheap ESR/component tester board which prompted me to buy one. It's just turned up (from HK) and I'm quite impressed, for the price. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Searching the archive via Goggle Groups has become a real butt-hurt activity so would you please be kind enough to post a link? Thanks.

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

In article , Apellation Controlee writes

+1. I need one as well.
Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Glad you like it.

It's this one if others want a look.

Dave Plowman (News)

Google has become almost unusable since it's last 'improvement' - why they can't just leave things as they are is beyond me - all this 'progress' just for the sake of it and it gets worse each time they f*ck about with it - I used to use their advanced image search, which is now complete bollocks as it finds loads of stuff, most of which is not even vaguely related to the search terms, and censored into oblivion

Reply to
Phil L

I reckon they have to keep changing the search facility to conceal the fact that they've ditched heaps of the archived messages.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I've tried searching for the post from Dave Plowman via the groups search, sorted by date. It goes back to Jan 12th 2013, then the next post is from Sept 2004....so either Dave had a nine year sabbatical or google is s**te.

Reply to
Phil L

I can't link to the Usenet post because Google :( But I see Dave has posted the Ebay link now.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Yes They now want to force all users of their email to use Chrome or a later version of IE than xp has. and XP still has a significant market share. Most of their most recent pages are their own brand of html and hence produce strange results in other browsers, and they also are writing us blind out as they gave up making all their stuff accessible and built in a new voice for their Chrome browser instead. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In article , Phil L writes

Oh, it's not just me then. I wish they'd stop titting about with stuff.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I use TinEye for image searches.

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

Not the former. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The tester or a butt-hurt activity :-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

NT

Reply to
meow2222

En el artículo , whisky-dave escribió:

I'll let you choose :)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Link? Best I can find is $29:

then Amazon's search is pretty hopeless)

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

What is an ESR? HN

Reply to
Archibald

> (but then Amazon's search is pretty hopeless)

Explained in context here:

John Rumm

Stands for Equivalent Series Resistance, in a capacitor. The device which measures it is commonly known as an ESR meter. They used to be fiendishly expensive.

Many things these days which basically run off DC like electronics use a switch mode power supply to 'transform' mains to low volt DC. Older devices used a transformer and rectifier, etc.

Some of the capacitors in a SMPS are under considerable stress and are likely the first thing to fail. You could sort this by simply replacing them all - but an ESR meter tests them so speeds things up considerably, as well as saving money.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well, it could be Eric S. Raymond. Or, in this case, Effective Series Resistance.

Reply to
Windmill