ebac 2650e filters

Generally pleased with the ebac 2650e dehumumidifier. I don't trust the water level sensor (it failed once and flooded), so use a countdown timer to stop it after 12 hours. Anyway, the original filter is looking a bit dirty (I guess its the activated carbon rather than bacterial filter). Can these be cleaned, and it so what is the best way ? Hoover and/or washing ?

Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Sticky switch in the back of the dehumidifier ? Sounds like a design fault, since ours has *exactly* this problem. It's never overrun like yours. But sometimes removing the collector doesn't trip the off mode.

On the plus side, they have a 5 year guarantee.

So far, when we remember, we hoover ours. But even when it was new, removing the filter assembly caused it to speed up (suggesting there's some resistance anyway).

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I looked at the design of the switch. There is a float on a pivot and the n on-float side of the pivot moves against a tag that trips the circuit. It l ooks like the design of the two touching parts is sort of aimed to reduce f riction, but there is no roller or anything.

The design is terrible and always a risk of sticking. There are comments in many online reviews about this problem, and they have never sorted it. I w as thinking of doing a mod myself, but then hit on the countdown timer inst ead.

They could improve the design by making the float more buoyant so it moves with more force against the tag.

There seems to be various filters that fit - an antibacterial one, an activ ated carbon one, and I have a feeling the supplied one - described as washa ble in the manual - is just a fibrous filter. I'll have a look tonight.

The unit is however, fine at doing its basic job !

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson