Eating fox?

"Mary Fisher" wrote | "Andy Hall" wrote | > >Eggs are very nice raw. | > Especially with a good steak tartare | I was thinking of mayonnaise

I thought it was okay unless you're pregnant.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In many respects fox are more like cats than they are like dogs. Don't know about the flavour though.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I don't want an oily fish quota.

What's wasabi?

And should we be on uk.food+drink.misc ?

Mary

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I was only doing what I was told, as I always do.

Did.

And I wasn't a Fisherwoman then, I was fifteen ...

Tim, let me tell you something, that's running, not flying.

A flying fox isn't a bird.

I can tell.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Very hot horseradishy type thing but green. Don't touch it - it is highly addictive - I have it on toast. In fact, I have it on everything!

Tony

Reply to
Tony

Oh, and I suppose the 'Flying Scotsman' had wheels did it?

You can? How (prey tell) Was it the fact that I mentioned I had mains drainage (and lectric?).

All the best .. ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Or old.

Or ill.

Or frail.

Or a child.

I'm not a child and not ill and not frail. And if I'm pregnant I'll make history.

But I've always eaten raw eggs in one form or another no matter what my age or fertility condition and I'm still here. The risk is so small as to be negligible. I'm in much more danger driving in a car.

Can you tell that this is one of the bees in my bonnet?

Mind you, these days I don't eat any eggs except those from our own hen's bottom - or from a trusted friend's bottom, if you know what I mean :-) That's because I don't want to support intensive egg production.

Our hens aren't inoculated with salmonella whatnot so it would be illegal for ayone else to eat them so keep off! Mine are killer hens - one's called Fang and the other Zen, she kills by some mysterious force I haven't fathomed ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Still has. But it didn't fly.

No, it's because you can't spell :-) And because you don't know about whippets. And because you didn't pronounce Ee bah gum properly.

(should be 'pray' tell!)

And for the record we have electricity here too these days. And mains water - hot even sometimes. And Waitrose is on its way. Hurrah!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Heron can fly.

I was taken to Harewood bird Garden on Saturday by another James, No 1 grandson (poor old lass, have to keep on the right side of her, give her a treat every now and then so she'll think kindly of me in her will and anyway I have this comp for two and she has a car and I don't ... )

Where was I?

Oh yes. We looked at the flamingoes and a pair of heron were on their nest. Well, she was on the nest, he was flattening her. Poor James didn't know where to look and pointed out a duck.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

True ;-( (poxy English language)

And because you don't know about

Em, we have had whippets as family pets since I can remember. My Mum and Dad still have one as does my Sister. As our two and the Lurcher went we didn't replace them (prefer the freedom). And if you've ever been run into by a whippet in full flight you'd realise they 'can' fly (and we know bees can't while we are on the subject .. proven fact that).

And because you didn't pronounce Ee bah gum properly.

And how could I ... (cammin from Norf Landin an nat ..)

Doh!

Yes, but we don't have to run our own generator ..

And mains

Neat ;-)

And Waitrose is on its way. Hurrah!

And what's Hatty who 'mans' the Post Office / General Store / Petrol Pump going to do then eh? (bringing yer new fangled supermarkets to these here parts .. the folk round here don't want it neither )

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

It's good for the heart and vascular system.

A wonderful type of Japanese horeradish mustard which is normally used in the preparation of sushi (form of sliced raw fish on formed piece of rice) or sashimi (without the rice).

It is a pale green in colour and reasonably warm to the taste.

It is quite typical to prepare a small dip with soy sauce and wasabi to dip the rice.

One of my favourite types of sushi involves carefully sliced squid and a raw quail egg. Fantastic..

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Do you say "champion" and "gradely" or is that the other side of the Pennines?

That is good. With luck they will put Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl and all the rest of the junk places out of business..... .andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

They say. So are other things which don't threaten sea life.

You do lead an exciting life :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

A poor workman ...

What languages CAN you spell in?

Not what Tykes call flying.

That's only bumble bees. But the old theory about payload etc. has recently been disproved.

That's how I could tell.

Generator? Dynamo, boy. I'm pedalling as we speak.

Eh?

Daft bugger. Commin ... ?

Quite a lot of Londoners now live here, some just commute daily (mad things) and want what they're used to. We keep Booths under our hats.

Already have it :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Is there another side to the Pennines?

I'd like to see the back of Aldi, Lidl, Netto, Sainsbury and especially Tesco and Asda but Morrison's is OK. Asda is no longer Leeds although its HQ is here but Morrisons started in Bradford and Sir Ken is still a down to Earth Tyke.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Apparently. Rumour has it that they do things with cotton and grow red roses or something.

Asda is owned by Walmart of course. I find some of Tesco's Finest range are OK.

I was not impressed with Safeway before, but seeing some of the things that are starting to appear under Morrisons influence, they will shortly be losing my custom.

Why it is that these places think that people want to buy cheap, processed crap to eat I have no idea. When it is possible to go into virtually any hypermarket in France and see superb displays of fresh vegetables, meat, cheese, fish,..... that puts anything here to shame and at good prices; then people like Morrison and others want a very swift kick up the backside.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Terry writes

Bandung has a very good snake restaurant

The aperitif is, of course, the contents of the gall bladder

Then IIRC, there's the Sunday market just outside Bangkok where you can get fried cockroaches

Having said that, live ones falling in your mouth from the rafters while you're asleep I could have done without

Reply to
geoff

In message , Mary Fisher writes

I think you have to be a dog to do that