easy way to generate an ac signal

I'll try harder next time!!

Reply to
Fredxx

It's a question of standards. There is no way of knowing whether your standard is accurate or not.

Reply to
harry

Any inaccuracies are buried in the noise. The point is that there is no way to get anywhere near that close using a mechanical means of generating a sine wave in the real world, which is what you're claiming.

You still haven't told me how *you* would tell if a sine wave is perfect.

Reply to
John Williamson

That's because he doesn't have a clue.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

More to the point his intensely stupid stament that "There is no way of knowing whether your standard is accurate or not" betrays utter ignorance of the actual mathematics of periodicity.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The point is no-one can. Not that it matters for practical purposes.

Reply to
harry

In message , harry writes

You have just reminded me of lesson 1 *electro technology*.

"Imagine a dot on the circumference of a perfect circle, now imagine that circle rolling along a perfectly flat surface"....

Reply to
Tim Lamb

No harry. Anyone can. Its just you that can't

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm talking about determining if an electrical sine wave IS actually a sine wave. There are numerous ways of creating one on a sheet of paper.

Reply to
harry

I think you should revert to your previous post script.

Reply to
harry

Doing that is not a problem, you might think it is, but it isn't.

Reply to
The Other Mike

So why are you getting so hung up about it? In other words, you don't know.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

run it through a 12th order high pass filter and see what's left.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Computer generate one then amplify it.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Given that you are a Billy no mates who attracts nothing but scorn for every one of your distorted and incorrect opinions your claims about "the rest of us" will be treated with the contempt they deserve.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I find it amusing that you make responses about others which describe yourself perfectly, as evidenced by the crap that you just wrote!

You never actually write anything about the original topic, but just wander off into comments that would fit in well in an argument in the playground of a primary school.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

You're describing yourself again Billy.

Lie.

Step away from the mirror.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I've found a video of you. Simply calling the other person the same thing denotes a complete lack of intelligence.

> You never actually write anything about the original topic,

You confirmed it in this and your previously reply to me.

I've found a video of you. Simply calling the other person the same thing denotes a complete lack of intelligence.

Lieutenant Scott

Since when has UNIX been a "Mickey mouse OS"? The fact that you can call it such shows what a muppet you are. In fact the brainless guff you have spouted about computing here shows what a muppet you are. So you don't understand mount points, the purpose of having volumes mount with a consistent name. It's also clear from your other witterings that you barely understand the purpose of computers or even really simple devices such as a car.

In short you're an ignorant dumb f*ck, but this is not news.

Reply to
Steve Firth

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote: [snip]

Is there anything else you don't understand other than the word "never"? Ah yes, everything.

Reply to
Steve Firth