Easy radiator removal for dec?

I fear that you're confusing pipe thread size with *actual* size! Radiator tails have a 1/2" BSP (British Standard Pipe) thread, which has an *actual* OD of 0.8252"! [This is because an old iron pipe of this size has a nominal bore of 1/2"]

Likewise, 1/8" BSP - which is the thread on the outside of my adapter - has an OD of 0.383"

Bleed assemblies used to be made with this size of housing - to screw into the radiator - with a pin of the size you mention inside it. As far as I know, the pins in rads with integral bleed assemblies are the same size as the pins *inside* an 1/8" BSP removeable assembly. So, like I said, I can't use my device in rads where only the pin comes out!

Reply to
Set Square

Was in Wickes last night and noticed thay had them - they did appear to be full bore as far as I could tell in the packet as the centre point where the valve is was a good bit chunkier than a normal tail.

Reply to
Ric

You don't have to get 20 deg (is that F or C?). See my post a few days ago in a thread on balancing for an explanation.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

They look just what I need, hadnt had time to browse the latest catalogue yet, many thanks!

Reply to
MikeT

Almost certainly, pipes is about the only thing I'm metric in but even that doesn't include thread pipes...

Ah light is beginging to dawn, thinking about the roll top rads here the bleed mounting is roughly 0.4" OD so you'd take the whole assembly out to fit you valve... Not standard enough for a kit and not as neat as just removing the pin, which appears to be a "standard" size irrespective of the bush that it mounts in.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice