Eastern eurpoeans and CORGI.

Not clever is an understatement. Most haven't a clue what is available on the market. Ask them about an Istor or Powermax, or intelligent thermal store, and they stare at you blankly. Many of them have an adversion against one-box solutions, yet a one box solution can provide the ideal solution and give excellent control as an option; all in one box. Most of them couldn't put togther a decent system of separate components and put together a control system for optimum performance, never mind DIYers. That is why the one box solution is the best for many situations as the exterts do most of the design work and when sophisticated controsl are an extra, then you just order the extra and connecet up the stats/sensors to suit.

Most customers are being short changed, in that they are not getting the optimum system they deserve.

Grundfoss Alpha pumps are not expensive yet few are fitted. When having many TRVs they really make a difference.

They do reduce cycling that is for sure (sound Dutch here). But at a price. The boilers are expensive with sophisticated control systems, then the service side if the go wrong. The same can be achieved with heat bank/thermal store and a simple boiler using two cyl stats. Then the controls and pumps have an easy life as no constant on-offs.

Using a plate heat exchanger off the store (heat bank) for DHW, a far lower store temp can be set. A plate will drop the temp. 10C, compared to 20 C with a coil. That is, if you want 50C DHW, the store temp need only be 60C. With a coil it will need to be 70C. With a lower setpoint temp the store will need to be slightly larger. This lower store temp then promotes efficiency in condensing boilers, especially when they have a large delta T of say 22 to 25C. That means a blending valve can be on the boiler return at set to 38C.

Never be abusive to them. Just ignore them, and think of the nice ones.

A boiler on slot meter? Madness.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I _used_ to have a few of those. It would balance up the picture that portrays _all_ tradesmen as crooks.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

In article , Doctor Evil writes

Because John won't let it, at the first sign of an insult he will resort to infantile behaviour

Reply to
Dave

"think of the nice ones."

I had a great customer experience the other day. We fixed her boile (new pump), but next day got called back to it, making noises. Jus wasn't clearing it's air, managed to get auto air vent working and pu together again without leaks, didn't charge as I should've made sur all air was cleared before I left previous day.

Next morning she phoned up so pleased at how quiet her boiler was, sh made us dinner. We had Yorkshire dumplings (they give you it first wit gravy, like Yorkshire pudding should be served), sheperd's pie rubar crumble and enjoyed pleasant conversation with her.

Money isn't everything is it

-- Paul Barker

Reply to
Paul Barker

Bertie, you must behave

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

It wasn't Mary, was it?

Reply to
Andy Hall

So this is your reply

message

========================================================================== = If you have any regard for this group, or any common courtesy, please stop clogging things up like this. What you say is as valid as what anyone else says, but this endless and wasteful regurgitating is positively anti-social.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

New CORGI logo maybe?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

You are right, Bertie must be fully and utterly snipped.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil