Easifill alternatives (repost)

My newsreader is cr*p, my original post didn't show on my server and I think it was a bit misleading anyway...
I'm ready to skim the joints in 44 8x4 sheets of plasterboard. In the past I've taken the cheats route and used EasiFill which I could sand down or got my wife (not kidding) to do the skimming. This time she refuses to help so I'm on my own and I can't plaster to save my life!
What are the alternatives? I found finishing plaster didn't sand very easily and didn't stay workable long enough for me (I'm very slow) but the quantity of Easifill I'll need will probably cost 100's!
Any ideas?
Tony

think
got
easily
quantity
What is Easifill? I find the Gyproc filler or Artex much easier to use than finishing plaster. They give you a bit more time to faff about.