Earthing questions

If you dont let go of it, yes. Sjock mostly causes the person to pull away very fast, but if your hands are round the thing, youre history. Funny thing about electrocution is time slows down, when I've been bit I could tell you how many half cycles it was.

The leccy takes every available path. The lower R the path, the more the i down that path. This is the point: earth rods arent zero resistance, so during live to earth faults the house earth system rises up in voltage. Depending on installation design, it can rise to anything from 50v to 240v, and do so for anything from milliseconds to indefinitely.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

If you commit murder with a table lamp, would it be an accessory to murder?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You might get a light sentence - if the judge is a bit dim ;-)

Reply to
PJ

"You might get a light sentence - if the judge is a bit dim ;-) "

...and if you didn't, you might be entitled to lodge an appeal with the Ohm Secretary :-)

Reply to
mheden

It would be most illuminating, watt.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

both of those jokes are shocking!

Reply to
jon

I despair at the current level of humour...but I'll wait a mho to see if it improves...

Reply to
Bob Eager

"both of those jokes are shocking!"

Shocking? Watt are you saying?

Reply to
mheden

I found them most illuminating.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I suppose at least it would be the murder wea-pun.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Much will be dictated by the carpet and shoes. If they act as very good insulators you ought to be fine... just hope it is not a damp day! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm