Earthing Question

A few questions concerning earthling. Do I need to earth a metal bath to the pipes even though the pipes them selves are earthed together?

Also do I need to earth a separate round kitchen sink back to the pipe work?

Also do I need to the earth the mains water supply back to the CU even though its a copper pipe Thanks Oliver

Reply to
Oliver

Yes.

Yes.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Thanks I thought as much just wanted to check before making more work for myself.

Reply to
Oliver

Christian's already given you the right answers - 'yes', 'no', and 'yes' in that order. In the case of the bath, you're not strictly 'earthing': the idea is to make damn sure that all the exposed metalwork in the bathroom which has *any* chance of introducing some sort of voltage is all at the *same* potential - so no current will flow when you touch any two of them. We don't really give a flying banana what that same potential is relative to earth, though in practice it will be at earth potential in all but the most bizarre multiple-fault cases.

HTH - Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba