Earthing metal switches

I found an entire bathroom floored with it once.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Before or after falling through? ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Was there 0.75 2 core in the 70s? I've seen bellwire & scrap flex used.

Worst I've seen is 1/4" ply. It bent greatly when walking on it. Half inch chip is adequate, but not very generous for metal bed legs etc. If one really must floor with scrap 12mm chip, lay 2 layers of it.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

After the lady of the house put her foot through it :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Installation doesn't have to that old in a solid stone wall, boxes I have put in have corroded. Can't decide if the very marginal damp is "just the wall" as it's solid or condensation beacuse behind the face plate is just that little bit colder.

The galvanisation on back boxes dosen't seem to be much more than to make them shiny. The edges show signs of rust after skim plastering.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I guess it's when you're hanging most of the way through that the thickness is easiest to spot. ;-)

Reply to
Adam Funk

As you slowly look down to see what your knackers have come to a stop on ? :-)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

One of those situations where you are not sure if its a blessing to be stood astride a joist... at least you know you are not going to hit the floor below, but the stop is not going to be fun ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I see someone else suggested something about "knackers ... it's actually hanging by the oxters that I had in mind when I wrote that.

Reply to
Adam Funk