Earth bonding query

Well we haven't one yet this week have we?!

My newly installed bathroom has exclusively copper pipes, and I need to bond together the toilet feed, hot and cold bath taps, hot and cold sink taps, and the towel-rail feed (ie 6 clamps).

In my case all the pipework is very close together, and it's plainly obvious that the cold pipes and hot pipes are continuous; it seems to me daft to apply earth clamps below all the taps. I could apply a single clamp each to the H and C pipes behind the bath panel (plus another on the towel rail) and these would be no more than 3 or 4 feet away from the loo, bath taps and sink taps. Or is it a regulatory thing that there must be a visible earth clamp adjacent to the each set of taps?

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

I would bond the radiator pipes rather than the radiator itself (unless the radiator/towel rail is electric).

No. The bonding doesn't even need to be in the bathroom -- immedeately adjacent, e.g. in an airing cupboard is very common too. It needs to be accessible for inspections, but not obviously visible to users of the room.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel