Earth and cheap sockets

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember John Rumm saying something like:

to be. I can't select/copy any text from the pdf, but can select from text view but not copy.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Evince opens it fine for viewing, can select all text, and when pasted into a text editor the columns are "serialised" sensibly (i.e top->bottom/left->right rather than intermingled left->right/top->bottom)

However, tables are destroyed, and even though it allows saving individual images, they come out as black cat in a coal cellar.

Reply to
Andy Burns

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Burns saying something like:

I've just tried Evince. This version (2.32.0) selects text, but intermittantly and doesn't copy. It might be a quirk of my install, though.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Other Mike saying something like:

I think it utterly disgraceful that standards documents should be charged for in the first place.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It did select "weirdly" when shift-dragging with the mouse, the characters on a line seemed to be selected in random order, but ctrl-A ctrl-C copied the lot. Running 2.32 on Linux.

Reply to
Andy Burns

[johnny cash-one piece at a time]

"Now the headlight' was another sight We had two on the left and one on the right But when we pulled out the switch all three of 'em come on."

Somehow that line cracked me up as a youngster. Classic.

Reply to
Adrian C

I'm using that version with FreeBSD. The highlighted selection is very intermittent and messy but the actual text copied to the clipboard is all there and intact when pasted into a text editor.

Reply to
Mike Clarke