earlex spray station 2000 hvlp - any good ?

I'm thinking of getting the earlex 2000 spraystation (at present around

60GBP @homebase). I need to paint things like radiator covers, cabinets, doors, panels - emulsion, gloss, eggshell and varnish perhaps - is this thing any good for that - anybody out there have any experience or recommendation |?

Cheers larry

Reply to
el pee

Someone I know had a very similar device some time ago. It did indeed spray radiator covers, cabinets, doors, panels. It also sprayed children, cats, ceilings, walls, windows and floors - all at the same time.

As with any spray - whatever you need to spray needs to be in a spray booth. Whether this is the garage or a makeshift polyethylene shelter matters not but you cannot successfully spray something like a door in situ (unless you want a magnolia cat, carpet, walls etc).

Eventually, after a suitable burst of enthusiasm, my acquaintance went back to brushes and the HVLP spray languishes in a far corner of the garage.

Reply to
Peter Parry

I'd only spray things that you can't get a good enough finish on otherwise

- like cars, etc. Most household bits are fine with brush painting - and it makes much less mess.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)