e.on's heavily pushed new fixed tariff

Has anyone found the real details on E.ons "Fixed 1 yr v9" tariff that they are heavily pushing. Particularly any bits relating to the standing charge reduction for paying by fixed monthly DD and the online account £5 discount.

The E.on website refuses to play as it can't match my address to, presumably, an MPAN number. I've extracted 11.15p/unit Day,

4.73p/unit Night and 15.64p/day standing charge (ex VAT, NorWeb area) from uswitch but don't know if those prices already include the DD/online discounts.

Those figures give an annual saving of £280/year, which seems "to good to be true". As our current tariff EDF Blue + Price Promise Feb

15 which was the cheapest I could find in May 13. Have prices really slipped that much? I wonder what new tariffs will appear from the other suppliers in the next week or two...
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Can't help much, but I am on E.on and they emailed me details of the new tariff as I signed up to alerts. My numbers aren't quite the same as yours, but I'm in a different area.

They claim I will save about £300 (I think). My calculations are about the same.

I was wondering why. Are energy prices falling or is there some gotcha I'm unaware of?

Reply to
Bob Eager

In article , Dave Liquorice writes

A switching site will probably be less fussy, if they are, give it the postcode of some address in a nearby town/village.

Energylinx says only 84.73 saving on £600 elec £1,400 gas in Scotland:

fred

You were possibly on the wrong tariff before, I don't save anything from the previous tariff.

Reply to
dennis

In article , fred writes

I should have said that Elinx usually say that their overall price includes VAT and all discounts.

Watch out as I think Eon had a gotcha on their discounts, it was only available if you stayed for the full term and was credited to your account on the anniversary of joining. ISTR, 364 days did not count.

Have you looked at using separate providers for Gas & Elec, I set someone up with Daligas a while back and it was a really good deal. See the separate providers tab on an Energylinx quote.

Reply to
fred

Try signing up to

Put your present tariff in and they monitor what's on offer and email you if there's a change worth having.

I wasn't. I analysed all of them for my area...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

uswitch just used the three variables day/night/standing charge and no mention of the £35 off your standing cahrge mentioned on the flyer through the letter box this morning. I only paid any attention to that because EDF had just emailed me under their Price Promise about it.

Gas? Oh that stuff that comes in hefty blue bottles...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

My calculated £280/year saving is based on actual useage (3285 day

14235 night).

Those are the same bells that rang here. But do I want to switch from EDFs nice clean nuke based power to dirty coal based? £280 quid... hum.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

uswitch was but it didn't give me the full details of the tariff or if any of the other discounts had been included (or not). As it hides all the calculations behind drop downs I guess the site has been dumbed down for the masses.

1400 elec currently, this e.on 1100 ...
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Be aware that the savings calculation may give somewhat misleading results. In my case it states:

"How are your costs and savings worked out? Your dual fuel tariff is due to end in 2 months and 30 days. If you don't switch, your supplier will roll you onto its standard tariff. Your cost and saving calculations are based on 2 months and 30 days on and 9 months and 1 day on the standard tariff. "

i.e. It does not give the saving versus going onto my present supplier's most economical tariff deal once the current deal finishes.

Reply to
nemo

That's what uswitch does and it is sort of misleading for the hard of thinking, but what else can they do? They don't know what tariffs will be available when the current one ends. The only known action is the default change back to the "standard variable tariff".

My spreadsheet does my calculations when it's fed the full tarrif information which still seems harder to find than hens teeth.

WTF can't the suppliers be told just present the information for each region within 3 clicks of their websites home page. Home > Tarrifs > Region. Or are the Great Unwashed so fecking dumb that they can't cope with different regions having different prices or even know what region they are in (easyly solved by adding post code entry as the last click).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

En el artículo , Bob Eager escribió:

Yes. The warmer-than-usual weather means people haven't put the heating on yet.

Also:

Mike Tomlinson

My calculated ?280/year saving is based on actual useage (3285 day

14235 night).

Bloody hell! Are you growing cannabis?

Reply to
harryagain

In message , harryagain writes

Night Storage heater IIRC.

But yes, I think there has been a bit of a drop in energy prices.

I moved tariff last month as my old one was ending, staying with the same supplier I certainly saved money (though hard to compare direct unit prices as the old one was a split price, no standing charge type one).

But in response to this thread I had a quick check again and it looks like the equivalent 1 year fix price must have dropped in the month as the overall cost is a little less

Reply to
Chris French

Indeed, though given how much some people apparently complain that bills are unclear etc. it doesn't do to over estimate some peoples abilities.

It's a bit easier now though than it used to be. As once you go through the give us a quote bit, they do have to show a Tariff Information Label with all the details

Reply to
Chris French

Don't live near sea level in the cosy south. 4 C last night sharp ground frost this morning, normally have the first snow around the end of Oct early Nov.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

If the site can tell me the best rate options across various suppliers, why not also for my current supplier?

I'd like to see comparisons of:

1) Do nothing i.e. what the site already uses as the baseline 2) Stay with current supplier, but switch to its optimum new deal 3) Optimum other-supplier switch deals
Reply to
nemo

Quite, I've never had any problems with bills even when gas bills didn't do the cubic feet to kWHr conversion for you and just provided the calorific value etc but then I can do arithmetic

Except that on the e.on site I can't get past the give us your address bit of the give us a quote bit.

I found a page headed "Find Tariff Information Labels" but that just loops back to the give us a quote bit.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It can't predict the future. My current EDF contract runs until end Feb 15. What tariffs are going to be available then?

If you jump ship to this e.on tariff you have to within the next 10 days or so. The only known costs are that of my remaining EDF contract or that of the new e.on one.

Perhaps it would be better if they only costed the e.on one to the end of the current contract and deducted any early termination fees from the "savings".

Why assume that you are going to stick with the e.on tariff for it's full year?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice