Dyson The Ball

Has any one bought one yet? any opinions? my hoover has given up the ghost, and i bought a dc07 all floors for work and was quite impressed. before i go and buy a dc07 i was wondering if its worth going for a 'Ball' model?

Steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

Buy a Numatic Henry instead - runs rings round a Dyson at less than half the price and more reliable to boot.

Dave

Reply to
Magician

I'd second that. Haven't bought one yet but intend to when our Dysons give up the ghost.

spon

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Thirded. Must remember to put the Dyson on eBay....!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Fourthed. Get a Henry for each floor. Toby

Reply to
Toby Sleigh

It depends on what the original poster wants the cleaner for.

If you want a machine that can suction up crap in the workshop or you want a cleaner that you can really bash around then possibly a Henry.

However, if you want a cleaner that does not rapidly loose suction after you change the bag then a Dyson.

We have a Henry at work. There is a significant drop off in suction power after a few minutes of use with a new bag.

Graham

Reply to
graham

Hi Graham

after you change the bag then a Dyson.

Reply to
Magician

it will be used for carpets, deep pile and short, solid wood floor and solid tiled kitchen floors...we have 3 large hairy dogs, and two fluffy cats, so must have a beater bar to remove hairs. we have log burning fires, so dust is a problem in our house, so maximum retention is needed.

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

Dunno how much they cost (not cheap I expect) but Mieles seem quite good. Haven't got one myslef but I've used them a few times at other people's places and always been impressed by them

Reply to
John Stumbles

Hi Steve

You need an upright vac. Not the cheapest, but if you can get hold of a Sebo

it will cope with everything you can throw at it and more.

Dave

Reply to
Magician

My parents just last week gave up with their dyson and got a miele (cat and dog model I seem to recall). They are very impressed so far and for under 20 quid a year you can get a parts and labour warranty from miele - that includes them sending you 13 quids worth of bags and filters each year for 5 years.

It is quite and has a brush head that is powered by the suction - for another

90 quid or so you can get an electric powered brush head.

They paid 200 quid give or take a quid. Beware of places selling them cheaper online - most of them seemed to be the lower powered model (my parents one is 2kw).

As I say, they are well happy with it so far and its first go across the living room picked up a lot of crap left by the dyson.

Darren - has a dyson and is relatively happy with it

Reply to
dmc

In message , Magician writes

I've lived in two places with Henrys, and was pretty happy with them - and considered buying one when we moved tot his house. but have since owned 2 Dysons (first one was stolen). I still think the performance of the Dysons is better than the Henrys (hence buying the replacement). Of course given the price differential, the Henry may well be considered to be better value for money.

Reply to
chris French

In message , r.p.mcmurphy writes

Well, I'm still a fan of our Dyson (we have DC07 I think). We have the 'Turbo head' pipe attachment that works well at removing cat hairs from places like rugs, upholstery, stairs etc. it's general performance at removing our cat hairs seems fine.

If you prefer a cylinder then one of the models has motorized brush head IIRC.

Reply to
chris French

The turbo brush is brilliant. Until it gets long hair wound round it. I have had to strip ours down numerous times and it is surprisingly awkward to get it working well again.

Also, it is truly dumb of them to supply just one filter with each pack of bags. They must cost all of, umm, 0.2p each to make them - and plaster really clogs them up quickly. A new filter with each bag would be more sensible.

Rod

Reply to
spam.trap27

We have a DC08 Animal indoors and a Henry in the garage, I agree about the drop in suction with the Henry. although it doesn't have anywhere near the same amount of suction as the DC08 to start with.

The Henry is more robust and ok if you don't have dogs hairs to contend with, but the DC08 copes much better with pet hairs, as we found with our 2 GSD's.

Reply to
Kaiser

Get the steel cased Henry (25 quid more) and you can just drop it between floors.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Try a Dyson with a hepper filter.

I used to suffer from a mild dust alergy. Since we got a dyson with the hepper filter my dust alergy has gone.

Graham

Reply to
graham

GSD's?

Graham

Reply to
graham

German Shepard Dogs

Reply to
Kaiser

No way. Having had to take all te dysons in to get them unblocked, I am sick of teh ruddy things.

Designed by a man to be bought by women, to be fixed by men.

There a moral in there somewhere.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher