Dyson SUCKS!

You need to compare with a decent bag type.

It sounds like you went from a poorly designed and or clapped out one to a Dyson. Bit like the way new tyres regardless of brand seem better than worn out ones.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I thik you believe waht dyson tells you, not on actual evidence.

My cheap crappy panasonic is perfectly capable of doing a better job than the Dyson.

The bag gets washed every few months to get rid of the clogging.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You think wrong, experience. Being skeptical about the marketing claims when we got the DC04 we vacuumed the living room with the old bagged vac (empty bag) then again with the DC04 straight afterwards. The Dyson picked up a surprising large amount of muck from the supposedly "clean" carpet.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Except it won't.

Reply to
Huge

The day my Dyson arrived, I used it on the supposedly clean, previously vacuumed livingroom carpet. It's not a large room, only app 11'x18' - but I had to empty the canister 3 times.

Reply to
S Viemeister

I've dine the reveres. Gone round with the cylinder after the dyson. Same result.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, it's the classic vacuum cleaner sales ploy.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Neither the two old vacs being replaced by Dysons were old, or clapped out, or with full bags I take it?

Reply to
Andy Burns

No. The stuff sucked up into the Dyson was largely dog hair - the previous owner was the local gamekeeper. Dysons appear to be particularly good at removing pet hair.

Reply to
S Viemeister

It was horrific using the dyson for the 1st time. Like you I'd done the hall with the old one and then it vacc'd up gallons of dust. Shocking, amazing and made me quite keen on doing the vaccing for a very short time. :)

Reply to
mogga

Did you ever try vacuuming twice with the old one (empty bag each time)?

Bit like the electric razor demo.

Phil.

Reply to
Phil

Quite. Or just painting the outside of the house after some time with the very cheapest white gloss. Always looks better than the old. But hardly a fair comparison.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Exactly,. Yiu replace an old worn out dust clogged vaccuumcleaner whose bag you never empty and whose filtesr you have never cleaned or replaced with a shiny new dyson whose 'bag' gets obviously disgustingly full and use it.

And then think you are comparing like with like.

The only clever thing Dyson did was to make the 'bag' contents clearly visible.

So even my wife knows when it needs emptying..

I tried to tell her about te red vacuum guage on the other one, but it was a step too far.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That would happen whichever way around you did it. Kirby and Vorverk used to use the same scam when selling overpriced vacuums to the gullible.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

...but does washing the bag cause it to become more clogged?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

no.

Reply to