Dyson DC11 blew up

My 18 month old dyson blew up. There was acrid smoke & sparks shootin

> out from it. I took the thing apart to find a 1p coin in the case. > can't tell if this actually got sucked into the motor, though th > copper windings are all black & burned. Customer services were great > as I had the thing in pieces I asked if they could just supply a ne > motor for me to fit. Incredibly, this came to only £37.50 inc. deliver > & VAT. Although I could possibly have got a warranty repair, it look > like an easy job & cheap to just put in a new motor.

Update - took the old motor out & found the carbon brushes were al broken up, which had thrown debris into the motor & all over th windings. Replaced the motor with the new unit (only need t unclip/reattach two leads) & reassembled the vacuum. Now works fine Could have been worse than the £30 odd quid, plus I have a brand ne motor

-- Pufter

Reply to
Pufter